[osmtl] [Accessibility] sidewalk scheme & layer for accessible routing

Charles Basenga Kiyanda personal at charleskiyanda.com
Jeu 7 Juil 10:51:36 EDT 2016

That is great news. We (openstreetmap montréal) worked with a prof at
Concordia University (www.concordia.ca) on a class project for one of
his graduate courses in geography. Students gathered data, made
modifications to OSM and did some rendering after that, specifically
with accessibility in mind. They elected to use a "sidewalk distinct
from street" model since it gives more flexibility to represent all
topologies (at least with less kludging) than the "sidewalk as street
attribute" model.

We now have a region of downtown Montréal that has both representations
next to each other, so there's a discusison we'll need to have here
about where we go. Your proposal will surely be part of that discussion.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/45.49665/-73.57815

Personally, I prefer to represent sidewalks distinctly, so you'll have
my vote.

Cheers

Charles